Monday, September 26, 2011

This is why I want to do this research...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/27/health/27cancer.html?_r=1&hp

This doesn't take place in India, but it embraces the utilitarian view of global health care that I think is often lacking in Indian public health. I hope to get an idea of how health care can be practically carried out during my time up in the mountains! Although, I don't think I'll be brushing any lady parts with vinegar. (Read the article if you don't get the reference.)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great article! It is a great example of increasing health care access to the poor, something I think most countries struggle with. It is easy to fall into the belief that only money can buy things like prevention of cancer, but this article proves that that is not the case. And just think, this is the field that you are entering! (And hopefully myself as well.) How exciting!! -hana

    ReplyDelete