Monday, September 19, 2011

"If I am in the interior, no one helps me."

This is one professor's point-of-view of women's health in rural Uttarakhand. I had several research meetings today AND I got a book in the mail on women's health in Garhwal. So I'm getting ready to really sink into my survey. The depressing part is that everyone seems pretty sure that there is either none or very poor health care where I am going. I also found out that it might be difficult for me to get up there for the next couple of weeks, because a lot of roads were destroyed in the monsoons this year. Looks like I'll have a very thorough survey by the time that I leave.

I am back in Dehradun. This past week was my last week of classes. They were great, but it's good to be doing research again. Also, my camera is here! So I'll post new pictures soon. I'm about to go out to the bazar to try to get some bedding and food supplies, but I did want to post that I finally have relatively reliable internet. SO if anyone wants to try to skype, my skype username is erica.face

Post more soon!

1 comment:

  1. yay!!! Skype! good to read your post and your "sinking your teeth into things" attitude. We are with you just not in body! Always!

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete