Saturday, May 26, 2012

Thinking in Amsterdam

I am currently in Amsterdam, and just thinking over the past sixteen hours. I realized another reason why I was so distressed in the Dehradun airport. I was going through culture shock just leaving the village. In the village, being a young, alone woman means that people try to take care of you. I was completely shocked when the costumer service people were completely uninterested in how upset I was. I was also surprised that when I was crying on a plane, none of the fellow passengers said anything. If I had been in the villages and cried, about 1,000 crone-like women would have descended upon me with chai. I guess it is a very good thing that I'll first be in Michigan and then Jersey City when I get back. I don't know if I could handle Jersey City right away.

I'll be back in the USA in about nine hours more-or-less. I'm excited to put this traveling behind me and just get readjusted as soon as possible!

Thanks for reading!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment